Monday, April 9, 2007

More Rare Guillemots (I was going to do it no matter what)



So a few days ago I told you I'd post up some more Guillemots b-sides and rarities if you asked for them. Well, you did ask for them, but honestly, I probably would have posted some more anyways.

I'll start with a couple b-sides....

Last year Guillemots released "Made-Up Love Song #43" as the second single from their fantastic album Through the Windowpane. The CD version of the single came with two b-sides, a demo of a song called "Woody Brown River," and "The Dormouse & The Meerkat."

Guillemots- Woody Brown River (Demo)

Guillemots- The Dormouse & The Meerkat

I seriously have so many rare Guillemots tracks that I don't know where to go next. I guess I'll go with the two tracks that came exculsively on the Japanese Edition of From the Cliffs.

Guillemots- Moonlight

Guillemots- Pa Moila

The third official Guillemots release was a four track EP called Of the Night that was available for download on the band's website. I've heard that it released on CD and Vinyl later, but I have never seen either.

Guillemots- She's Evil

Guillemots- The Rising Tide
Guillemots- Bad Boyfriend
Guillemots- By the Water

I'll round out this post at an even 10 tracks with a couple live recordings you probably haven't heard. These two tracks are sound desk recordings from last year's november 25th London Calling show.

Guillemots- 21st May

Guillemots- Words

Ok, that's enough for today. I have a couple more, but these are my favorites. Let me know what you think.

Enjoy.

Photo by Laurencea

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great tracks. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for these, they're great as always. What other unreleased tracks do you have (eg. not b-sides from singles/EPs or bonus tracks)?

Anonymous said...

Thanks very much! Great tracks! How come you have so many rare Guillemots tracks?

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!! I love the Guillemots - every song gives you something completely new and different to listen to =) If you have any other tracks please please please put them up!

Anonymous said...

I thank you muchly for uploading all these rare tracks!

Anonymous said...

Um you rock.

Elliott Broidy said...

Good for you!