Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Three Cheers for the King of the Jungle Gym...


About a month ago...

Trost: this cloud cult is pretty decent
Denton: I hate it

A few weeks later...

Denton: Im digging some of this cloud cult album
Trost: you were telling me how much it sucked
Denton: no...

As you will undoubtedly find out, I end up putting my foot in my mouth quite often. Another example: There is no way Arbouretum and The Besnard Lakes are going to be my two favorite albums of the year. What exactly was I thinking? Both albums are great, but damn, come on Denton...

Back to Cloud Cult...

You've probably heard The Meaning of 8, their newest album. I have NEVER liked them in the past, but I find myself coming back to this album time and time again. I was absolutely hooked after I heard "Your 8th Birthday."

Cloud Cult- Your 8th Birthday


Anyways, I have come across a few tracks that the band recorded initially for the album. They were, for whatever reason, scrapped, along with a couple dozen others that will apparently "never see the light of day."

Cloud Cult- 818
Clout Cult- Step Forward

And my personal favorite...

Cloud Cult- May Your Lives Be Long


I actually like "May Your Lives Be Long" more than quite a bit of the stuff on the album, and that's saying something; it's a very, very good album.

Also, if you haven't seen it yet, check out the "Chemicals Collide" video...



Enjoy.

No comments: