Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Oh, to Have a Home to Go to...

M. Ward
My sincerest apologies for the lack of posts for the past week or so. I have been, well, homeless. Thank god for friends with couches, am I right?

I seem to have found a resting place for the time being, though, so hopefully I won't be leaving you like that again any time soon.

I haven't come across a ton of great new music lately, but there are a few things I would like to share.

I have, in my possession, M. Ward's upcoming single, To Go Home, from his 06 album, Post-War. As long as you haven't been living under a rock (or maybe you haven't had a home...), you've probably heard Ward's cover of Daniel Johnston's To Go Home. What a great track. I would have picked Chinese Translation for my first single, but To Go Home is cool, too.

Daniel Johnston- To Go Home



As usual, I have fallen in love with a couple of the b-sides...

M. Ward- Cosmopolitan Pap
M. Ward- Headed for a Fall

Headed for a Fall is a Jimmie Dale Gilmore cover, and features Jim James, Neko Case, and guitarist Nels Cline. It seems to be moving up on my list of favorite M. Ward songs.

Also worth noting is M. Ward's appearance on the latest Bright Eyes EP, Four Winds.



Ward appears on the third track, Smoke Without Fire. Trost put me onto this track. I'm not a huge Bright Eyes fan, but I'm digging it.

Bright Eyes- Smoke Without Fire


The M. Ward To Go Home single will release February 20th on Merge Records, and the Bright Eyes Four Winds EP will release March 6th on Saddle Creek.

One final note... Props to Trost for the layout. He's got our humble little site lookin all fresh and whatnot. Also for checking up on me while I was scrambling for a place to stay.

That's all for today.

Enjoy.

No comments: